Our training events feature key parts of our program that we feel is beneficial to be taught in person, because we know everyone learns differently and who DOESN’T like learning about birth, hands on, right?
Become a Trained/Certified Traditional Birth Attendant & Obtain Placenta Skills Training with HERBAL!
Ready to feel confident to fully support women? Interested in the more holistic route of birth support?
IMPORTANT! If you would like to participate in the training, you must use one of the payment methods listed at the bottom of the page.
This course is from 10am-6pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
The list of topics we will be generally discussing are briefly listed here (all topics incorporate hands-on activities and participating discussion, we promise not to lecture you, we want you to learn and make this fun, too)
Physiological Birth Jenga!
– A learning game teaching of the hormonal process, energetic, and physical aspects that can impede and benefit a physiological birth
– An activity to understand what the uterus does in labor and there after
Variations of normal in birth that deviate the textbook standards
– PROM timelines
– Placental birth timeframes
– Labor time frames/how to gauge
– Blood loss variations/how to gauge
Labor pain management techniques (hands-on)
– Counter pressure options
– Sheet/rebozo methods
– Tens unit
– Water options
Prenatal hand skills (hands-on)
– How to Belly Map; determining fetal positioning and presentation
– Locating a fetal tone/using doppler and stethoscope
– Measuring fundal height
– How to take blood pressure
– How to test hemoglobin in home
Part One of placenta processing/encapsulation (hands-on)
– Placenta anatomy
– How to slice it
-The encapsulation process
– How to create a placenta tincture.
– Cesarean placentas and how they differ
– Placenta benefits, including the membranes
– Raw preparation explanation and demonstration
Pelvimetry (hands-on for those who desire-not required)
– Obtaining understanding of the internal anatomy
– Various pelvis shapes and how it impacts fetal positioning for birth
– Locating and feeling the pelvis bone structure
– Understanding the pelvis outlet and how baby fits through
– Finding the cervix
– Variations of internal anatomy
– Determining what kind of clients you are looking to obtain
– Unlocking your own fears
– Working through legalities
– Exploring your boundaries, what are your limits
– Pinpointing where you desire to learn more/obtain more confidence
– Peer review, birth buddies, obtaining criticism in oneâ€™s work
– Unpacking birthsÂ
– Utilizing intuition
Setting up your business
– Creating a business name
– Establishing your prices
– Gathering a list of local resources for related services
– Obtaining an NPI
– Obtaining a lab ordering account
– Birth bag inclusions
– Consultations and contracts
– Taxes & Expenses
– Dealing with Slander, Libel, Calumny, and Defamation of Character
– Target marketing
– Contracts and agreements
– Practicing consults
– How to conduct prenatal appointments
– Communicating with clients
– Boundaries with clients
– Topics to discuss prenatally
– Emergency scenario brainstorming activities
– Calming the birth environment/people present
– Navigating an emergency with calmness, consent, and curtesy of those present
– Herbal/holistic aids for pregnancy, labor, and postpartum
– How and when to utilize holistic medicine aids
– Variations of normal that are seen as emergencies in the medical eye
– How and when to address shoulder dystocia, breech birth, and various anatomical complications
– Resuscitation process; not the NRP approach
– How to navigate blood loss without pharmaceuticals
– Restoring women to health after birth with nutrients
– Placenta encapsulation/processing part twoÂ
– Labor progression signs instead of vaginal checks
– Internal anatomyÂ
– What starts labor?Â
– What ways can labor be induced?
– Stages of labor with examples
– How to prepare for a birth in advance
– Birth bag supplies
– When do you go to a birth?Â
– What do you do on the way to a birth?
– What do you do when you arrive?
– Birth pool set up
– Things to be mindful of with the pool
– Transfer – what to do, where to go, how clients can respond, what you can offer, how to communicate with staff
– Sensual maternal touchÂ
– Healing your own traumasÂ
– The language and words you useÂ
– Clients love languages; intuitively responding to their needs
& much more!Â
Schedule of upcoming 2022 trainings
September 2nd-4th, St Louis MO: https://fb.me/e/2K8HfvFdY
September 9th-11th, Portland OR: https://fb.me/e/26409F2Qs
September 16th-18th, Dallas Fort Worth TX: https://fb.me/e/Z7wE3w8D
September 23rd-25th, Versailles, KY: https://fb.me/e/2e6p4skTg
Can nursing infants attend? Yes- only in arm nurslings. If they can walk around, they should have a full time sitter present outside of the meeting area and able to care for them at all times. We absolutely cannot have children, big or small, mobile and moving about the training space. This is a safety hazard and a distraction to those present. If baby cries, you should excuse yourself from the meeting area to address the infant.
Will there be a break? Yes- we will take intermissions when needed as well as a full hour lunch break around 1pm! You are also more than welcome to bring snacks and drink for yourself throughout the day.
Can pregnant persons in the third trimester attend for $200 if they are willing to be a â€œbelly modelâ€? Yes!
Will there be a certificate of training completion? Yes! You will receive one certificate for your hours of in-person, hands-on training.
Will the training be recorded? No, this training will not be recorded or placed for sale after the training is held.
Is the pelvimetry portion mandatory? NO! This is available for those who desire the hands-on experience.
Hours and Payment Options
The training will be held on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 10am-6pm, with an hour break around 1pm each day.
$333 is the total cost to attend the full training.
$200 for those willing to participate as belly models (model to practice fundal height, belly mapping, locating fetal tone, etc)
Payment plans are available! A minimum non-refundable payment of $50 can be made to claim your spot. The balance simply needs to be paid by July 30th, at your leisure.Â
Payment options below:Â
PayPal (send via friends and family ONLY) – firstname.lastname@example.org
– No refunds will be given unless I am forced to cancel the event –
Please reach out to Desirae at email@example.com with any questions.Â